From: Tom Poage [mailto:tfpo...@ucdavis.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, 18 June, 2013 19:45
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: Re: [cas-user] HttpOnly cookie flag

On 06/18/2013 02:52 PM, cfern...@sju.edu wrote:
> It's in the Spring configuration for
ticketGrantingTicketCookieGenerator. That bean takes a boolean parameter
named "cookieSecure".  I'll let you guess what it does.

Right, the p:cookieSecure sets the Secure flag.

The CookieRetrievingCookieGenerator.java code behind
ticketGrantingTicketCookieGenerator does not look to reference the
httpOnly flag. Our current container (Tomcat 6) supports the Servlet 2.5
API, so I'd guess the CAS code can't/won't use the httpOnly flag without
extension.

http://www.daodecode.com/blog/2013/03/25/castgc-cookie-and-httponly-flag/

Perhaps you're running a container that supports the Servlet 3.0 API?

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/5/api/javax/servlet/http/Cookie.html

vs.

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/http/Cookie.html#setHttp
Only%28boolean%29

Guess I could run Tomcat 7 or Jetty 8 (was trying to use RedHat native
packages if possible).

Tom.