On Sep 11, 2013, at 9:24 AM, "St Laurent, Mark" <mark.stlaur...@yc.edu> wrote:
> So, I have been trying to implement Ehcache on our CAS cluster, and it is
> mostly working. It caches tickets, and the two nodes are replicating and
> validating each other’s tickets. But it still has an issue with availability.
> Here is what is happening:
>
> 1.       I open a session with a browser and authenticate with a CASified
> application,
> 2.       I disconnect one of the CAS servers in the cluster to simulate a
> failure,
> 3.       When I try to connect to another CASified application, it requires
> me to reauthenticate. If I look in the logs there is a single entry that says
> SERVICE_TICKET_NOT_CREATED.
>
> How do I get the cluster to continue validating service tickets after a node
> has failed?

Two possibilities come to mind offhand:

1. In the original Ehcache example TGTs were not being replicated due to a
missing bean directive. Ensure the TGT bean is inheriting from the abstract
ticket cache:

<bean id="ticketGrantingTicketsCache"
      class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheFactoryBean"
      parent="abstractTicketCache">

2. The TGT cache does not by default replicate synchronously. Depending on the
timing of your simulated failure, the client TGT may not have replicated to its
peer node(s).

Tom.