From: Scott Massari [mailto:scott_3...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:34 PM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: RE: [cas-user] EhCache High Availability

Mark,

Try the following values in your ticketRegistry.xml ...

    <bean id="cacheManager"
class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManagerFactoryBean">
        <property name="configLocation" value="classpath:ehcache.xml" />
        <property name="shared" value="true" />
        <property name="cacheManagerName" value="ticketRegistryCacheManager" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="ticketRegistryValue"
class="org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.EhCacheTicketRegistry"
        p:serviceTicketsCache-ref="serviceTicketsCache"
        p:ticketGrantingTicketsCache-ref="ticketGrantingTicketsCache" />

    <bean id="abstractTicketCache"
class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheFactoryBean"
        abstract="true">
        <property name="cacheManager" ref="cacheManager" />
        <property name="diskExpiryThreadIntervalSeconds" value="0" />
        <property name="diskPersistent" value="false" />
        <property name="eternal" value="false" />
        <property name="maxElementsInMemory" value="10000" />
        <property name="maxElementsOnDisk" value="0" />
        <property name="memoryStoreEvictionPolicy" value="LRU" />
        <property name="overflowToDisk" value="false" />
        <property name="bootstrapCacheLoader">
            <ref local="ticketCacheBootstrapCacheLoader" />
        </property>
    </bean>

<bean id="serviceTicketsCache"
class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheFactoryBean"
        parent="abstractTicketCache">
        <property name="cacheName" value="org.jasig.cas.ticket.ServiceTicket" />
        <property name="cacheEventListeners">
            <ref local="ticketRMISynchronousCacheReplicator" />
        </property>
        <property name="timeToIdle" value="0" />
        <property name="timeToLive" value="300" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="ticketGrantingTicketsCache"
class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheFactoryBean">
        <property name="cacheName"
value="org.jasig.cas.ticket.TicketGrantingTicket" />
        <property name="cacheEventListeners">
        <ref local="ticketRMIAsynchronousCacheReplicator" />
        </property>
        <property name="timeToIdle" value="7201" />
        <property name="timeToLive" value="0" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="ticketRMISynchronousCacheReplicator"
class="net.sf.ehcache.distribution.RMISynchronousCacheReplicator">
        <constructor-arg name="replicatePuts" value="true" />
        <constructor-arg name="replicatePutsViaCopy" value="true" />
        <constructor-arg name="replicateUpdates" value="true" />
        <constructor-arg name="replicateUpdatesViaCopy" value="true" />
        <constructor-arg name="replicateRemovals" value="true" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="ticketRMIAsynchronousCacheReplicator"
class="net.sf.ehcache.distribution.RMIAsynchronousCacheReplicator"
        parent="ticketRMISynchronousCacheReplicator">
        <constructor-arg name="replicationInterval" value="50" />
        <constructor-arg name="maximumBatchSize" value="100" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="ticketCacheBootstrapCacheLoader"
class="net.sf.ehcache.distribution.RMIBootstrapCacheLoader">
        <constructor-arg name="asynchronous" value="true" />
        <constructor-arg name="maximumChunkSize" value="5000000" />
    </bean>

Also, what does your corresponding ehcahce(replicated).xml look like?