Hi

I am still working on generating the login screen by the content management system instead CAS,
whereas I have read

https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CAS/Using+CAS+without+the+Login+Screen

I understand that one wants to prevent that credentials are being sent to the content management system,
but having the action pointing to the CAS Server directly

<form action="https://127.0.0.1:7070/cas-server-webapp-3.5.2/login"; method="POST">

does not seem to me like violating in security issues.

But of course this does not work because of the required Login Ticket.

I have been reading

http://www.jasig.org/cas/protocol

but I still don't really understand what's the purpose of the Login Ticket.
Does somebody have some more hints on this?

I am currently considering to disable the login ticket validation inside

cas-server-3.5.2/cas-server-core/src/main/java/org/jasig/cas/web/flow/AuthenticationViaFormAction.java

but I guess this is not really considered best practice :-)

Thanks

Michael