Hi,

Quoting Scott from a discussion on a pull request :

*The reason that LoginTickets/Tokens exist (which essentially forces a
session) was to combat an issue with browsers reposting credentials when
users hit the back button. This issue was around in 2005. Not sure if its a
major issue right now.*

Best,
Jérôme