El Wed, 20 Nov 2013 18:44:47 +0100
Cyrille Clipet <cyrille.cli...@loginpeople.com> escribió:

> Thank you for your quick reply.
> Ok, so if I manage to add in the login page of my web portal a HTTP redirect
> to the SSO CAS using something like:
> <script type="text/javascript">
> function redirectCAS() {
> window.location =
> 'https://mySSO_CAS.com:8443/cas/login?service=https://myportal.com ';
> }
> </script>

> , then I authenticate on my SSO CAS, would it work? If yes, what would be
> the next steps to allow a user to access the web portal?

Usually, it is the CAS client (a library or class loaded in your portal) who
makes all this work for you: checking if the user is already logged in and
redirecting to CAS login page if not.

Next step would be making the web portal aware of the CAS client properties
(esp. the remote authenticated user), and making it to grant access based on
these CAS properties. Something in the server that would look like

******************************
...code importing capabilities
   of CAS client...
...code reading CAS properties
   like 'authenticated user'
   and using it for setting
   user permissions...

If you are proficient in PHP, the aforementioned webpage with CASified examples
contains one (ZPanelX) which I made myself, and I think is simple enough to get
an idea of the process involved.

--
Alberto Cabello Sánchez <albe...@unex.es>