Your browser is remembering which certificate to use, and so long as it has not been 'locked' (as in the case of a hardware token, lockable [software] keychain, encrypted key, etc) will continue to simply use it for as long as the browser as open. Other browsers like Apple's Safari will even persist the 'memory' between usage sessions.

All in all it's normal behavior and is beyond the control of your CAS configuration.