From: Tom Poage [mailto:tfpo...@ucdavis.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 10:21 AM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: Re: [cas-user] Need to clear browser cookies in order to login

On 06/04/2014 10:24 AM, Zac Harvey wrote:
> Thanks Tom, no this is just IE (I'm using IE 11).  Thoughts?

Suggests to me the problem may be your deployment of CAS, but not necessarily.

E.g. we recently noted a development instance of ServiceNow via IE 11 was not
working with Shibboleth. Turns out ServiceNow (or whatever the developer was
doing) was attempting to perform authN in a frame wrapped by an unsecured
connection. IE 11 caught/denied the attempt (unless explicitly allowed; noted
by running its built-in dev tools) and e.g. running Firefox with Adblock caught
what it considered a cross-site forgery.

Tom.