One more information to the use of pac4j, you can look at
http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.0.0/integration/Delegate-Authentication.html,
this explain how to integrate in CAS 4 pac4j with somes examples (not
the SAML but it's a begining).

But if you go on this solution please give a feed back ;)

Thanks
Julien Gribonvald