Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade from 3.4.10 to 3.5.1 and move to the war overlay method
at the same time. I've got it most of the way set up, but when I try add ldap
authentication I run into trouble. I've included errors and config information
below. Any help would be appreciated.

Rachel Bird
Enterprise Systems Analyst
Taylor University
236 West Reade Avenue
Upland, Indiana 46989-0001
Office: 765-998-5504

I'm able to load CAS, but when I try to log in, I get a page with the following
error:

{"failure":"true","exception.message":"org.springframework.webflow.execution.ActionExecutionException:
 Exception thrown executing [AnnotatedAction@fd99557 targetAction =
[EvaluateAction@15db8ae2 expression =
authenticationViaFormAction.submit(flowRequestContext, flowScope.credentials,
messageContext), resultExpression = [null]], attributes = map[[empty]]] in
state 'realSubmit' of flow 'login' -- action execution attributes were
'map[[empty]]'","exception.stacktrace":"org.springframework.webflow.execution.ActionExecutionException:
 Exception thrown executing [AnnotatedAction@fd99557 targetAction =
[EvaluateAction@15db8ae2 expression =
authenticationViaFormAction.submit(flowRequestContext, flowScope.credentials,
messageContext), resultExpression = [null]], attributes = map[[empty]]] in
state 'realSubmit' of flow 'login' -- action execution attributes were
'map[[empty]]'\r\n\tat
org.springframework.webflow.execution.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:60)\r\n\tat

org.springframework.webflow.engine.ActionState.doEnter(ActionState.java:101)\r\n\tat
[shorted for brevity]

At the same time, I get the following in cas-stout:

WHO: [username: rachel_bird]
WHAT: 'principal' cannot be null.
Check the correctness of @Audit annotation at the following audit point:
execution(public abstract org.jasig.cas.authentication.Authentication
org.jasig.cas.authentication.AuthenticationManager.authenticate(org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.Credentials))
ACTION: TICKET_GRANTING_TICKET_NOT_CREATED
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Thu Jul 17 10:33:55 EDT 2014
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: [client IP]
SERVER IP ADDRESS: [server IP]

Here is what I believe is the relevant portion of my deployerConfigContext:

        <bean id="authenticationManager"
                class="org.jasig.cas.authentication.AuthenticationManagerImpl">

                <property name="credentialsToPrincipalResolvers">
                        <list>
                                <bean
class="org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.UsernamePasswordCredentialsToPrincipalResolver"

                                        <property name="attributeRepository"
ref="attributeRepository" />
                                </bean>
                                <bean

class="org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.HttpBasedServiceCredentialsToPrincipalResolver"
 />
                        </list>
                </property>

                <property name="authenticationHandlers">
                        <list>
                                <bean
class="org.jasig.cas.authentication.handler.support.HttpBasedServiceCredentialsAuthenticationHandler"
                                        p:httpClient-ref="httpClient" />
                                <bean

class="org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.BindLdapAuthenticationHandler"
                                        p:filter="sAMAccountName=%u"
                                        p:searchBase="[OU with distinguished
path]"
                                        p:contextSource-ref="contextSource" />

                        </list>
                </property>
        </bean>

        <bean id="contextSource"
class="org.springframework.ldap.core.support.LdapContextSource">
                <property name="anonymousReadOnly" value="false" />
                <property name="password" value="**********" />
                <property name="pooled" value="false" />
                <property name="urls" value="ldaps://[domain]:636" />
                <property name="userDn" value="[CN with distinguished path]" />
                <property name="baseEnvironmentProperties">
                        <map>
                                <entry key="java.naming.security.protocol"
value="jndi" />
                                <entry
key="java.naming.security.authentication" value="simple" />
                        </map>
                </property>
        </bean>

        <bean id="attributeRepository"

class="org.jasig.services.persondir.support.StubPersonAttributeDao">
                <property name="backingMap">
                        <map>
                                <entry key="uid" value="uid" />
                                <entry key="eduPersonAffiliation"