Carlos,

If you look at the login-webflow.xml, examine the "realSubmit"
action-state. There's a few things to notice:
1) 'on="success"' routes to sentTicketGrantingTicket which is what kicks
off generating a new TGT then a new ST (which is where you issue is at).
2) 'on="successWithWarnings"' routes to another state that show the
users a webpage ("hey your password is about to expired, do you want to
change it now?") but it also issues the TGT. When the user hits the
continue button on the warning page, the ST is then generated (because
this is after the user's required action, the 5-10 seconds starts here,
so no problem) and things proceed as normal.

It sounds like you want to optionally insert an additional page in the
flow. You'll want to add some new flow logic around the "serviceCheck"
decision-state or "generateServiceTicket" action-state. You'll want to
mimic the submit code found in the casLoginMessageView view to continue
the webflow properly.

---
*John Gasper*
IAM Consultant