It might, yes, since the SLO callbacks are synchronous the job will block
until something comes out of the operation. Future versions of CAS do
support sending async requests out, and perhaps with a little bit of
modification you could make your deployment do so...or upgrade to a
version that does support this...or as Jérôme says tune the timeout
settings to a reasonable degree to reach a balancing point.