From: Sean Baker [mailto:sean.ba...@usuhs.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:48 AM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: Re: [cas-user] Trouble redirecting back to vendor hosted application
after login

To be clear in Step 4, are you sure that the user is never redirected to the
external service -- i.e. that when you POST back to /cas/login?... you're
simply being served up the success page (200) and not 302'd to the vendor and
then bounced back again?  Based on your history, it seems most likely that the
vendor doesn't support TLS in their ticket validation stack (we've seen that
here), and they could just be redirecting generically to your CAS site as a
panic azimuth when ticket validation fails.  But, that of course assumes that
the browser is hitting their server at some point in the timeline in order to
pass the ticket.