Hi All,

we are using CAS authentication to implement SSO model. we are using the JSR
196 for the extending the JAAS authorization. As part of this we are also
implementing a fall back mechanism in situations where CAS is not available. in
situations where CAS is not available, we want to present a custom login form
and authenticate the user against a pre-defined ldap realm.

here's where we are having a problem. when the application redirects to cas
application login, if ÇAS is not available, how to capture the same on
redirection failure? one option is to check the connectivity by sending an HTTP
Connect method to the server.  we can then use the HTTP status code to
determine if we have to invoke the fallback strategy. is there a built in way
in cas that will accomplish the same? I am just trying to weigh different
options.