Hello all,

I'm running into problems authenticating with Active Directory in CAS 4.0.
What I've done so far:
1) set up the CAS server using this documentation:
http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.0.x/installation/LDAP-Authentication.html#active_directory_authentication
2) Installed secure certificates in Tomcat for both SSL (on 8443) and the
AD certificate
3) Installed the certs in the default Java Keystore as well - when things
didn't work with only Tomcat certs
4) Updated my cas.properties file with the appropriate credentials and
attributes.

*The Problem:*
CAS loads, but returns with "Invalid Credentials" for every attempt to log
in (even though I can query the AD from the command line):

*cas.log* file only shows:
2015-06-23 08:45:14,945 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.InitialFlowSetupAction] - Setting path for cookies
to: /cas/
2015-06-23 08:45:14,945 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.InitialFlowSetupAction] - Setting path for cookies
to: /cas/
2015-06-23 08:45:23,607 INFO
[com.github.inspektr.audit.support.Slf4jLoggingAuditTrailManager] - Audit
trail record BEGIN
WHO: audit:unknown
WHAT: supplied credentials: [michaelseiler+password]
ACTION: AUTHENTICATION_FAILED
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Tue Jun 23 08:45:23 PDT 2015
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: 192.168.72.69
SERVER IP ADDRESS: 192.168.72.160

*catalina.out* only shows the following:
2015-06-23 08:45:23,625 DEBUG
[org.springframework.webflow.execution.repository.impl.DefaultFlowExecutionRepository]
- <Putting flow execution '[FlowExecutionImpl@7a9e803c flow = 'login',
flowSessions = list[[FlowSessionImpl@5a8d59f8 flow = 'login', state =
'viewLoginForm', scope = map['service' -> [null], 'warnCookieValue' ->
false, 'credential' -> michaelseiler+password, 'ticketGrantingTicketId' ->
[null], 'viewScope' -> map['commandName' -> 'credential'], 'loginTicket' ->
'LT-2-cVte4SctmZucdLkHSNzw0e3mbTgtpi-logintest.fuller.edu']]]]' into
repository>

*Debugging/Troubleshooting:*
1) The credentials I am using are correct, as I log in with those
credentials currently.
2) From the command line with an *ldapsearch* I am able to retrieve the
data concerning my account using the same credentials for Admin + Password
that I set in the *cas.properties* file.

It seems I'm missing something that is keeping my CAS install from actually
talking to the AD server.

I'm at a point where I'm going circular in my Google searches, so any help
or pointers to additional resources would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
--
*Michael Seiler*
Systems Integration Engineer

*Please NOTE:*
I respond to email at 8 AM, 1PM, and at 4:30PM.  If you need more immediate
help, please contact TSS (626.584.5675) and they can route the issue to the
appropriate person.  If this is a business process life or death emergency,
you may call me at the above number.