If you are running on port 636, that typically is ldaps.  The initial tcp
connection is encrypted using SSL/TLS and you would use STARTTLS=false and
USETLS=true.

The url scheme is "ldaps://host:port/basedn" for many ldap libraries (not
sure about this one).

Carl Waldbieser
 On Jun 23, 2015 6:33 PM, "Mike Seiler" <michaelsei...@fuller.edu> wrote:

> [...]
> 2015-06-23 15:12:46,814 DEBUG [org.ldaptive.pool.BlockingConnectionPool] -
> <initialized available queue:
> [org.ldaptive.pool.Queue@458045035::queueType=LIFO,
> queue=[org.ldaptive.pool.AbstractConnectionPool$DefaultPooledConnectionProxy@6a3096d4,
> org.ldaptive.pool.AbstractConnectionPool$DefaultPooledConnectionProxy@630eaf38,
> org.ldaptive.pool.AbstractConnectionPool$DefaultPooledConnectionProxy@2021f8cc
> ]]>
> 2015-06-23 15:12:46,820 DEBUG [org.ldaptive.pool.BlockingConnectionPool] -
> <prune pool task scheduled for
> [org.ldaptive.pool.BlockingConnectionPool@1188516673::name=null,
> poolConfig=[org.ldaptive.pool.PoolConfig@1654322364::minPoolSize=3,
> maxPoolSize=10, validateOnCheckIn=false, validateOnCheckOut=false,
> validatePeriodically=true, validatePeriod=300], activator=null,
> passivator=null, validator=[org.ldaptive.pool.SearchValidator@725194039
> ::searchRequest=[org.ldaptive.SearchRequest@88681342::*baseDn=,
> searchFilter=*[org.ldaptive.SearchFilter@1642584434::filter=(objectClass=*),
> parameters={}], returnAttributes=[1.1], searchScope=OBJECT, timeLimit=0,
> sizeLimit=1, derefAliases=null, typesOnly=false, binaryAttributes=null,
> sortBehavior=UNORDERED, searchEntryHandlers=null,
> searchReferenceHandlers=null, controls=null, followReferrals=false,
> intermediateResponseHandlers=null]]
> pruneStrategy=[org.ldaptive.pool.IdlePruneStrategy@397920599::prunePeriod=300,
> idleTime=600], connectOnCreate=true,
> connectionFactory=[org.ldaptive.DefaultConnectionFactory@587430635
> ::provider=org.ldaptive.provider.jndi.JndiProvider@397aec42,
> config=[org.ldaptive.ConnectionConfig@892141193::ldapUrl=ldap://
> id.fuller.edu:636, connectTimeout=3000, responseTimeout=-1,
> sslConfig=[org.ldaptive.ssl.SslConfig@486207397
> ::credentialConfig=[org.ldaptive.ssl.X509CredentialConfig@1427787790::trustCertificates=file:/etc/cas/id_app.pem,
> authenticationCertificate=null, authenticationKey=null],
> trustManagers=null, enabledCipherSuites=null, enabledProtocols=null,
> handshakeCompletedListeners=null], *useSSL=true, useStartTLS=false*,
> connectionInitializer=null]], initialized=false, availableCount=3,
> activeCount=0]>
>
> I notice that the baseDN is empty, though I have that set in my
> cas.properties file as per the file sample on the Active Directory
> Installation page.
>
> Just to verify my credentials, I logged in on our current CAS 3.5.2 server
> using the same credentials I am trying on the new 4.0 server - both CAS
> servers access the same Active Directory.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Daniel Fisher <dfis...@vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Mike Seiler <michaelsei...@fuller.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I'm running into problems authenticating with Active Directory in CAS
>>> 1) set up the CAS server using this documentation:
>>> http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.0.x/installation/LDAP-Authentication.html#active_directory_authentication