Carl,

All of our users are in fact in one distinct OU in the AD (ou=fuller), and
we then manage web access by the "memberOf" attribute in each of our
individual external apps (e.g. StudentMembers, AlumMembers,
EmployeeMembers, etc).  Right now, these apps only get the username from
CAS -- and not the full attributes list -- and then have to perform a
separate query to the AD to get the membership attribute for the
authorization portion of logging in to the particular app.

I was hoping to bypass all that with v4.0's attribute mapping (among other
added benefits), which is why I'm building out this new server.  It would
give us a smaller maintenance footprint (fewer firewall mods, fewer
certificate installs, fewer network calls, etc.); I know that the attribute
mapping is possible in 3.5 (with some additional modifications), so I may
just revert back to tinkering with a test instance of the current set up
instead.

Thanks,

Mike