The CAS LDAP support should be drastically better than the
JAASAuthenticationHandler using that specific LDAP JAAS module.  I
wrote the JAASAuthenticationHandler and
edu.uconn.netid.jaas.LDAPLoginModule as a quick hack job due to some
historical Kerberos/LDAP/ActiveDirectory needs.  Scott cleaned up the
JAASAuthenticationHandler to make it CAS-worthy, but the JAAS
LDAPLoginModule has suffered from severe bit-rot and should be purged
from this plane of existence.

I'd recommend either using the stock CAS LDAP support, or the more
popular (at least in the Shib community) Virginia Tech LDAPLoginModule

http://www.middleware.vt.edu/doku.php?id=middleware:opensource:ldap#jaas_support
.

-Matt

m...@forsetti.com