From: Scott Battaglia <scott.battag...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:33 PM
To: Yale CAS mailing list <cas@tp.its.yale.edu>
Subject: Re: CAS without CAS login page using restful api and
modifiedlogin-webflow.xml

I believe we've answered multiple times that it is NOT recommended to capture
user credentials and submit them and then create a CAS session for the user.
CAS is the only thing that should be creating a CAS session for the user. Its a
security risk for anyone to have the TGT other than the user and the CAS
server. We go through great extends to NOT allow it.

While you may feel that is a use case that cannot be overlooked, its in fact a
use case we purposely don't do.  Are there ways around it?  Sure.  Previous
discussions have talked about embedding the login page in a form using
something like an IFRAME, which still allows CAS to handle the credentials
(similar to what Google Accounts does).

-Scott

-Scott Battaglia
PGP Public Key Id: 0x383733AA