On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Keith Garry Boyce
<ga...@consultsure.com>wrote:

> 1) Are there any specific examples you can point to with a real life cas
> iframe. I see discussion about it but no examples

I'm not sure if anyone's actually done it in production.  I've done it with
testing.  You essentially create a scaled down login page (with the bare
minimum username/password/submit) and replace the traditional 301 redirect
in the web flow with a JSP page that does a JavaScript redirect (in order to
replace the entire page in the web browser).

> 2) I also saw something about telling cas which login page to draw. It says
> wind goes this route but again no example.

This can be done via using themes in the Services Management tool in
conjunction with the Themes support in Spring.

> 3) I understand that the use case is not in fact overlooked but planned.
> But it would seem to me:
> a) CAS and other SSO solutions do not provide an out of the box way to
> allow an app to customize CAS login page and thus workarounds such as
> iframes are necessary. Perhaps it should be made possible to specify a
> callback to the app which could paint its own login page with placeholders
> for necessary cas artifacts

Again, we purposely don't do this.  User education of the appropriate login
page (i.e. check the URL and the page itself) are important tools.  You can
control how much customization you allow via the combination of the Themes
tool and the Services Management tool/

> b)if some application in fact has the TGT then what would be the harm of
> issuing a session cookie with that same TGT? Even understanding that it's
> not recommended.

A TGT is a token that essentially gives a user the right to access most
applications without giving his or her password again.  Anything that has
that token could access services for the user without having their password.

-Scott