We're looking into this. I think we might change things to be a little less obscure; avoid the whole loopback filesystem and root pivot. Perhaps boot natively off an EXT2/3 partition on the USB stick. We boot our boards using NFS, so haven't seen this problem ourselves.

I will get back to you before tomorrow.

Jason

On 25 May 2009, at 02:16, <wan.ch...@csiro.au> <wan.ch...@csiro.au> wrote:

Hi Jason:

Any idea?

Thanks

Wan

-----Original Message-----
From: Cheng, Wan (ATNF, Marsfield)
Sent: Friday, 22 May 2009 4:48 PM
To: 'Jason Manley'
Cc: casper@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [casper] Roach issue: Stale NFS file handle error is reported

Hi Jason:

Thanks for you great help. I reformat my USB stick and copy a fresh Roach core into it. Then I insert the following configuration into /etc/network/ interfaces with VI.

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 130.155.199.211
netmask 255.255.240.0
gateway 130.155.192.2

Then I reboot the Roach again.
The network could not be up automatically as normal. And I still receive

ls: /etc/network/run/ifstate: Stale NFS file handle

When I run ls /etc/network/run/ifstate

The customised setting could be erased after I use a fresh core. But this problem still there and repeatable. And I don't think the file system is in RO because I can see my configuration in interfaces file after rebooting roach.

I could not remember why the OS is crash. I will write it down when it crashes again. I think it was crashed when I use

Apt-get install and apt-get -f install. I received no available disk space error. I guess something in the Roach board flash are also affected. But they could not be resumed by reprogramming the Uboot and OS Image.

Any idea?

Thanks

Wan