In my adventures with writing software for a ROACH-based 8-input
Pocket Correlator, I thought I might start/stop *.bof files from
python scripts.  This works nicely the first time, but when I kill the
*.bof process at the end of the session, bkexecd dies too.  I guess
bkexecd is responsible for dispatching *.bof files, because all
subsequent attempts to load a bof file (even from the command line)
fails miserably: the "hw" directory is empty.

My questions are:
1) Is there a known issue why killing a *.bof file might bring down
bkexecd?  I'm not sure why doing so from python is different from the
command line (I think I'm sending the same iterrupt signal), but
something's definitely disagreeing with bkexecd.
2) Can bkexecd be restarted without rebooting the entire system?  If
so, how?  There's nothing in /etc/init.d/ to this effect.

--
Aaron Parsons

510-406-4322 (cell)
Campbell Hall 523, UCB