As for the switch, I'm also going to follow Luis' advice...I don't think I need a switch for now. I was only looking into what the cost would (and what model I'd get) if I did need to get us one in the future.

William: What distributor did you quote recently? Was it Colfax as Luis mentioned?

10Gbe Network adapter: I'm also needing to get a network card for this project. Currently the one I'm looking at claims support for Red Hat...but explicity for CentOS (which is what I'm running). Since CentOS is based off of RH I think it should be safe to assume that the card should work with my OS.

On 10/20/2011 03:31 PM, Barott, William Chauncey wrote:
They are, at least through distributors - I recently quoted a XG2000C
and XG0448, and am in the midst of generating a PO for a XG0448 + CX4
modules for a small project.

Billy

-----Original Message-----
From: casper-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:casper-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Matt Dexter
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:54 PM
To: casper
Subject: Re: [casper] 10 GbE cable and switches

Hi,

Much of the information I've entered at
    https://casper.berkeley.edu/wiki/Equipment_Cables
on the CX4 cabling the UCB's Radio Astronomy Lab still applies.
The WLGore IBN6800-3 part number is the one we've use for
Roach1 to Fujitsu switches.

We have a number of 3m WLGore copper cables we no longer use.
I'd need to verify with my management but perhaps we can arrange
a trade or sale or something...

The Fujitsu switches seem to work well.  But they, as well as
the CX4 interface more generally, are getting pretty old.
I don't know if Futjitsu is even still selling CX4 switches.

Matt