Hi Jason and Dan,

This is really an interesting phenomenon that you picked up. From the two
spectra it appears as though the 'interference' may be present over the
entire frequency range, but obviously overshadowed by the input signal.
Does the level of interference change with input power changes? Can you try
and investigate if it is present across all frequencies, e.g. by doing
cross-correlations?

Furthermore I'd be interested to know what will cause the interference to
be there only every 6th or 7th accumulation if the source was quantization
errors? Would you not expect to see it there all of the time, or at least
over an accumulation length of 100,000?

*Paul Herselman*
*System analyst*

SKA South Africa