Hi All,

On 17 September 2012 09:34, Jason Manley <jman...@ska.ac.za> wrote:

> It does seem odd that this happens every X accumulations. That almost
> sounds like a problem with the readout software. There's nothing I can
> think of in the design that changes on those timescales, unless there is a
> beat frequency between the onboard sync generator (2^27 clock cycles) and
> the accumulation dump time (~1second?).

The sync doesn't (seem to) need to be related to the accumulation length in
this model. However, 2^27 isn't a valid sync period for tut3, which has an
FFT ending in a 10th order reorder (
https://casper.berkeley.edu/memos/sync_memo_v1.pdf). Could this be the
problem? My windows calculator reckons that means there's a sync every ~1.3
accumulations (accumulating over 100,000) spectra, so most accumulations
will have a bit of dodgy data in them.
If this is the problem, accumulating for fewer spectra should make the
rogue spikes appear much less frequently, and changing the sync period to
(e.g.) 2^27 * 10 clocks should fix things all together.