Dave H.,

Yes, I understand that now. lsusb just reads the info. I had to create a
rule and follow the TN-101 note that you mentioned. We had to reboot the
system apart from the steps mentioned in that application note from FTDI.
We can now see devices getting mounted as /dev/ttyUSB*

There is nothing different we did to create a rule for the multi-channel
device. It shows 4 ttyUSB devices with a similar rule as yours. I have
attached the file here for reference.

Dave M.,

This is definitely not done by default in Redhat. FTDI webpage says that it
is supported by default only for Ubuntu 11.10. (
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm)

Thanks both.

Having done this, we can now use picocom to establish a communication over
these ports. However, we do not see any roach login/prompt on any of the 4
ports. So we are stuck at that point now. Any clue?

Thanks again,

Nimish

--
Nimish Sane