> Does anyone have any input on trying to use the GPIO A and B headers for
> very simple inter-ROACH direct FPGA to FPGA communication? I'm know that
> ROACH supports this sort of thing using 10 gbe, but for conveying trigger
> pulses, this (to my rather casper-naive intuition) seems simpler and
> cheaper, with lower latency.

The design for the GBT VEGAS machine uses this sort of communication for
synchronizing the roach boards to a telescope switching signal.  we
designated one as the master and propagate the signals over the GPIO pins
to the slaves.  Seems to work for us.

You can use the gpio yellow blocks for the interface, as long as you don't
need a bidirectional pin.

John