Hi, Andrew,

On Jul 23, 2013, at 10:03 PM, Andrew Martens wrote:

> Well, I am certainly glad that there is a rational explanation.

Me, too!

> So the FFT has not been broken for ~2 years or so, just since anyone upgraded
> their tools.

Yes, it only affects people using the 14.x System Generator with an FFT that
uses the mirror_spectrum block (i.e. only the fft_wideband_real and
fft_biplex_real_4x blocks, I think).

>> I will fix this immediately. I guess that we should really explicitly set
>> every parameter that affects generated logic (latencies, number of bits,
>> arithmetic types etc) in light of this, script behaviour changing between
>> toolflow versions is not cool.

Thanks for the fast fix.  I'm not sure that we should go overboard setting
every possible parameter explicitly, but latency and possibly a few other key
ones probably should be.  I totally agree that script changes between toolflow
version is not cool!  It's somewhat ironic that the problem was discovered in
an xBlocks block since I thought xBlocks was supposed to shield us from this
very type of problem (though maybe I misunderstand the purpose of xBlocks).

>> I just compared the latencies of all the Xilinx blocks between 13.3.4175 and
>> 14.2.4415.  Only the Relational block had a change in latency so no other
>> problems of this nature are likely to be lurking out there.
> That is a relief, thanks for taking the time to work through this.

I will push the script that I used to create a file containing the default
latencies of all Xilinx blocks.  This makes it easy to compare the default
latencies of different versions.

Thanks for all your work on this,
Dave