Pretty much all the "layer 2+" switches (all the 10GbE unit that CASPERites are
using, to the best of my knowledge) support proper multicasting through IGMP
snooping. I figure we can do this setup part through the PPC without needing to
complicate the yellowblock controller with IGMP stuff. The yellowblock will
just need to decide whether or not to forward packets to the fabric or PPC
based on IP and port, in the same way that it currently does for unicast.

WRT multicast TX, this was indeed implemented on the BEE2 (I recall playing
with this some years ago) by Jouko in 2009. Emails predate archive, from 05 Feb
2009. I'm not sure what happened to this patch, but it's simple enough to
re-add.

Jason