Hi Ross
Hi Wes and all,

So the MMAP is working really quite well on a ROACH-1 - This question
is more my lack of understanding of the tool-chain.

Does anybody know how to fix the memory address for the various CASPER
brams and registers. I edited the core_info.tab inside the copied
XPS_ROACH_BASE and unchecked "Copy base package" but It still was
overwritten (I'm assuming this is in the system generator stage).  I'd
rather not hack the top level core_info.tab so what would be the best
way to define the memory locations?

I am assuming that you want to write code that has the addresses hard-coded in some way. The best would be not to do this and have your code figure out the addresses from the core_info.tab file.

If you must, build your design till the last stage (uncheck the EDK and ISE part). Then go hand edit the system.mhs file in the XPS_ROACH_BASE directory. You will find your registers and brams and where you they are on the bus. You can change where they are in the address space. When you are done, perform the final stage in the build (uncheck everything except the EDK, ISE part and build). Take some time to figure out how the address space is organised (most devices are hard-coded but the registers and shared brams are allocated address space within a specific area at compile time). If you have many yellow blocks you may have to also figure out how opb bridges work.

Good luck

Regards
Andrew

Ross

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Ross Williamson