Hi Andrew, Richard

Thanks, the debugging info will be incredibly useful.

I get the error message even if I start with a new, blank design. I've also tried nuking my temp, ~/.Xilinx and .matlab folders, and same error message.

For now, I have switched back to our stable repo, but would still like to get to the bottom of things. So, if you can't reproduce the error, please let me know and I'll investigate further.

Regards
Danny

January 20, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Hi Richard

Which casper repo are you using?

There have been some recent changes to the reorder block in the ska-sa repo, which require swapping out all reorder blocks in your design for new ones (or swapping the block containing them of course).

Cheers
Andrew

I just found this same problem today with a fresh install of RHEL 6,
Xilinx 14.5, and Matlab r2012b.

When I place an fft_biplex_real_2x block and run an update, I get the
prompt: "Invalid Simulink object name: reorder_even/2."  I also see in
the "bi_real_unscr_2x" block under the mask that an uninitialized
reorder block is placed and not connected to anything.

I've tried re-downloading the casper library, restarting simulink, and
removing the block and reinserting it, all to no avail.

I also noticed that the problem exists in every block that calls
"reuse_block" on the "reorder" block in
casper_library/casper_library_reorder.mdl. I was able to reproduce the
same problem with all of the FFT green blocks.

I also suspect it is a problem with the init code, but I haven't been
able to identify the exact problem yet.

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Price, Daniel <dpr...@cfa.harvard.edu