Hi Casperites,

We (UCSB and Fermilab) are currently designing a new DAC/ADC board (12bits
x 2.0 Gsps ADC, 14bits x 2.5 Gsps DAC) to interface with the ROACH2 for
readout of future, larger MKID instruments.  The DAC/ADC board will have
it's own FPGA and it's own memory.

We're currently deciding between adding QDRII+ SRAMs or DDR3 SDRAM chips to
the board.  My very limited experience with QDR and DDR2 on ROACH1 suggests
QDR is simpler to work with (because of the constant latency), but it would
take up many more pins on the FPGA for the width of the data they provide.
 Does anyone have other ideas of why to choose one over the other?  If you
were to design a board from scratch, which would you choose?

Thanks,
Matt Strader
UCSB Physics Dept.