Hi Ryan,

That does look cool!   You don’t mention which ADC you plan to use.  Is it this
one?

https://casper.berkeley.edu/wiki/ADC1x5000-8

Just to mention in case it proves useful that our group at Submillimeter Array
(SMA) and Event Horizon Telescope (EHT)  has been working on a correlator /
phased array system with what appear to be rather similar features (low N,
wideband, high spectral resolution 32 k PFB etc) using the above ADC (DMUX 1:1
version) and ROACH2.   We view it as dual 5 Gsps, but I suppose one might
interpret that as 10Gsps.  There are specs, a little outdated, here:

https://www.cfa.harvard.edu/twiki5/view/SMAwideband/DigitalBackEnd

This page includes a link to our open source githup repo with all model files.

We have done a fair amount of work on ADC core calibration too, also on the
wiki, poke around.  The key results were recently published here:
http://www.worldscientific.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1142/S2251171714500019?src=recsys

There is also a recent publication by Jiang et al  on the ADC in PASP:
Vol. 126, No. 942 (August 2014), pp. 761-768

At this point have the logic for this correlator reduced to a fully working V6
bit code with all features except the phased array (design in progress).  In
fact, we are routinely taking observational data at SMA, and plan to field it
for science in mid-November. However it is not yet running at our eventual
design speed goal of 286 MHz, corresponding to 4.6 Gsps at the ADC—a little
more modest than your 5 Gsps.  Our experience attempting to meet 286 MHz with
this complex of a design has been sobering so far, though we have not given up.
 If you really are able to get a comparable design running at 375 MHz with -1
speed grade parts, honestly you’d deserve an attaboy or two.  And we’d gladly
learn from how you got there, so please keep us in the loop.

By the way, assuming you are using the ADC referenced with the architecture you
describe I’d suggest it is appropriate to cite all above referenced and other
relevant prior work in your PhD.

Best of luck with it.

Jonathan and SMA / EHT team