Hi, Homin,

What bad luck did you have?  One thing about the new software registers that
might be causing you problems is that they require the inputs to be of the
desired/requested/expected width.  IOW, instead of using a "convert" block
internally to make the user-supplied input be the expected width, the new
software register uses an "assert" block to require that the user (you!) adds
the appropriate convert block before the software register.  I think this
unfriendly to users, but I think that's the way it is.

You might have to add a "bitbasher" block (or "reinterpret" and "convert"
blocks) before the software register to make the new software register yellow
block happy.

HTH,
Dave