Hi Jonathan

I wrote down the problem and immediately see the problem with inversion. So I retract my earlier comment about straightforward inversion being possible.

Since all methods are approximate to a greater or lesser degree, I'd be interested to try a simple PFB would handle the inversion. Take the same PFB algorithm you already have and apply it a second time without change. After the FFT, you will have to swap the output array end for end (mirror) to get the right time ordering.

Intuitively, the errors upon inversion will be only 2x the error in the output of the original PFB. Is that good enough?

Gerry