Hi Ryan,

I have used a method of similar simplicity that involves swapping the real
and imaginary parts of samples before and after the fft, so a mathematical
equivalent of multiplying by j after taking the conjugate of the samples.
For that design I used the fft_direct block and operated only on 32
incoming parallel samples.

The issue is more that we aren't sure which fft block to place in that
algorithm for the case Jonathan describes, or if there is a clever
algorithm to use another block.  We use the fft_wideband_real to generate
half of the full fft, so 16k points coming out over many clock cycles.
This block expects input data that is real and produces output data that is
complex.  It strikes me that this block will not natively slide into the
real/imag-swap algorithm.

We could obviously try and produce the full fft output from the data by
flipping and concatenation (and find the value at pi?), but we are still
left with complex data in need of an fft block that will accept it and
perform a 32k point transform.

Do others use such a block with success?  It was suggested to me that the
wideband real block was much more widely used than the other blocks, thus
it is up to date, tested, and working.

It would be really neat if there was a dsp trick out there that used the
wideband_real as an inverse, but we'd like to go with simplest solution
regardless.

-Laura