Hello,

I am a graduate student at ERAU using ROACHs for my research project.

I have been trying to use the toolflow for some time now and I have run in to
many issues.

Currently, I have the latest mlib_devel from the casper-astro git.

When I compile a design that includes the dac_mkid yellow block, I am having
two issues:

1) If the yellow block is placed fresh from the library into the model and then
the model is compiled, I get an error related to initializing mask parameters
on the "parallel_to_serial" block that is in a subsystem of the dac_mkid block.

I can fix this if I replace the "parallel_to_serial" with one from the library
or simply copying it and pasting itself back in to the model.

Is there anyway to fix this? I have a work around but it is rather annoying to
go in and replace those to blocks whenever I use the dac_mkid yellow block.

2) I am getting many warnings when I compile. They look like the following two:

Warning: Output port 1 of
'adc_to_dac_test/dac_mkid1/adc_to_dac_test_dac_mkid1_dac_data_i1' is not
connected.
> In
> /opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/sysgen/bin/lin64/xlCompileGenerateMdl.p>xlCompileGenerateMdl
>  at 203
  In
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/sysgen/bin/lin64/xlGenerateButton.p>xlGenerateButton
 at 302
  In gen_xps_files at 323
  In casper_xps>run_Callback at 158
  In casper_xps at 88
  In
@(hObject,eventdata)casper_xps('run_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))

Warning: Output port 1 of
'adc_to_dac_test/dac_mkid1/adc_to_dac_test_dac_mkid1_dac_data_q0' is not
connected.
> In
> /opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/sysgen/bin/lin64/xlCompileGenerateMdl.p>xlCompileGenerateMdl
>  at 203
  In
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/sysgen/bin/lin64/xlGenerateButton.p>xlGenerateButton
 at 302
  In gen_xps_files at 323
  In casper_xps>run_Callback at 158
  In casper_xps at 88
  In
@(hObject,eventdata)casper_xps('run_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))

Can anyone shed some light on this? The model will compile successfully but I
think these warnings are preventing the actual design from working on the ROACH.

Thank you,

-Richard T.