Regarding the parallel to serial converter, so far I haven't experienced a
need to set the configuration registers on the DAC, so I just deleted that
block inside the yellow block and tied the output ports to constants.
Obviously not a good solution if you do need the configuration registers.
Not sure about the warning.

Glenn