> I use an ancient version of the core package, and here is the help on on
> tg_tap - no mention of a gateway here...
>
> tap_start(self, tap_dev, device, mac, ip, port) method of
> corr.katcp_wrapper.FpgaClient instance
>     Program a 10GbE device and start the TAP driver.
>
>     @param self  This object.
>     @param device  String: name of the device (as in simulink name).
>     @param tap_dev  String: name of the tap device (a Linux identifier). If
> you want to destroy a device later, you need to use this name.
>     @param mac   integer: MAC address, 48 bits.
>     @param ip    integer: IP address, 32 bits.
>     @param port  integer: port of fabric interface (16 bits).
>
>     Please note that the function definition changed from corr-0.4.0 to
> corr-0.4.1 to include the tap_dev identifier.

Hmmm ... there are three options:

* Try to set the gateway manually - do serveral wordreads of the gbe0
register, and then write the gateway into the 0xc offset. This is
probably the quickest way of getting it going, but will only route
gateware traffic

* try and extend tcpborphserver to add routing functionality, using
the code from the new tcpborphserver3 as a guide. That is some effort
and involves cross-compiling - and might also need a matching update
to the corr package

* backport the mmap driver from roach2 to roach1 - that is the biggest
chunk of work and involves  a bit of kernel hacking, and you
personally might not be up for it - but if anybody else on the list
has the energy it it would mean that the roach2 and roach1 userland
could be pretty much merged, and things like multicast support would
be available on roach1, in addition to the other fixes and features
(.fpg files, etc)

regards

marc