From: dan.werthi...@gmail.com [mailto:dan.werthi...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Dan
Werthimer
Sent: 11 November 2015 18:38
To: Michael D'Cruze
Cc: Jack Hickish; casper@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [casper] FFT woes

hi michael,

what operating system are you using?
we have seen problems where the FFT works in simulation,
and doesn't produce correct results on the FPGA when we were compiling using a
non-xilinx supported
operating system.
the problem occurred only for large FFT's -  i think 8K or larger.

best wishes,

dan

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Michael D'Cruze
<michael.dcr...@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk<mailto:michael.dcr...@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk>>
 wrote:
Hi Jack

Sorry it’s taken me so long to come back (I’m going to write back to everyone
shortly). I’ve been chasing a few hunches I’ve had which might have exonerated
the FFT, but to no avail. Indeed the FFT does simulate OK, but in the majority
of cases in hardware every other channel is a zero. I say in the majority of
cases, because in one or two cases the design works correctly. I have not been
able to find a reason for this yet.

BW
Michael