Hi, Johnathon,

> On Feb 3, 2016, at 2:26 AM, Gard, Johnathon D. <johnathon.g...@nist.gov>
> wrote:
>
> There are options in the PlanAhead bitfile generation and I could have those
> wrong. This could be very likely.

The bitgen options that the CASPER flow uses are in
mlib_devel/xps_base/XPS_ROACH2_base/etc/bitgen.ut.

> I  could alternatively use the system.ucf file updated by PlanAhead through
> the casper_xps process in matlab. However this would drop my control of the
> PAR which seems to have a strong influence on how well it meets timing.
> Ironically, timing driven placement gets the far worse timing results.

Newer versions of mlib_devel support the inclusion of user-specified UCF
snippets into the overall UCF file.  To do this, you create a
“<design_name>/ucf” directory and then place files with a “.ucf” extension into
that directory.  All .ucf files in that directory will be included in the
overall system.ucf file that the casper flow generates.

For example, if your model is "/path/to/my_model.slx", then all *.ucf files in
“/path/to/my_model/ucf/” will be automatically included in the system.ucf
constraints file.

HTH,
Dave