Hi Xavier,

I believe all the "snap" blocks have been deprecated, in favour of the
newer "snapshot" block, which has integration in the software control
libraries. If you are having this problem in a collaboration supplied model
(it sound like you're doing tut2?) it will be updated in due course prior
to this year's workshop (which you should come to!).
In the meantime, the fix you suggested is a reasonable way to go. The
software registers by default now demand that their inputs are 32-bits wide
-- they didn't used to -- so you need to cast up where necessary.

Cheers
Jack