Hello,

I am trying to send data from one SKARAB to another SKARAB over 40GbE. I
have created two separate JASPER files, one for receiving and one for
transmitting. Each design has one forty_gbe yellow block and are configured
similar to Tutorial 2 on the casper website. In the JASPER file used for
transmitting, I have placed a snapshot block on the tx_data signal for the
forty_gbe block and am able to read the correct data from the snapshot
block using casperfpga. While it appears that the correct data is being
transmitted, nothing is received by the second SKARAB. In the JASPER file
used for receiving data, I have a snapshot block on the rx_data signal,
which should trigger once a valid frame is received. However, when I run
fpga01.snapshots.snapshot2.print_snap(50) it just hangs, indicating nothing
has been received.

I did notice that when I right click on the forty_gbe yellow block and go
to Mask >> Edit Mask >> Parameters&Dialog, there is a menu that allows for
the card slot location of the 40GbE card to be selected. Our SKARAB units
have the 40GbE card populated on Mezzanine Slot 3, however only Card Slot 0
and 1 are available to be selected. Should this option be set to slot 3 in
order to properly use the 40GbE ports?

I should also mention that I have configured the tx_dest_ip block input to
be 192.168.5.20 and the tx_dest_port to be 10000, which are the default
values for the forty_gbe block.

If there is anything else I should look at in order to properly configure
the forty_gbe yellow blocks please advise.

Thanks,

Mark