Hello CASPER,

I'm installing tool flow and am confused about which python version to use for
casperfpga.  I have both python 2.7 and 3.6 on my machine.

For my equipment (red pitaya and skarab) this link
https://casper-toolflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ says to use python3.  But if
I follow the steps in this link
https://casper-toolflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/src/How-to-install-casperfpga.html
 then casperfpga gets installed under the python 2.7 folder.

This leads to errors (for example, I get error doing "casperfpga._version_" in
ipython), but I think I can clear those errors by reconfiguring python
versioning on my machine.

For now, big picture questions are:  Should we really be using python3 for
casperfpga with red pitaya and skarab?  If so is there a script available that
would install casperfpga in the correct python3 folder?  I've looked in the
email archives but can't find answers.

Thanks!  -- Jeff

Jeffrey Kobesky
Electronics Engineer