On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:53:56 -0700 Joe Stump <j...@joestump.net> wrote:

JS> On Dec 28, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

>> If each node does a key enumeration, can the results be aggregated
>> somehow?  It seems useful to get a list of all the keys across the
>> cluster even if it's not 100% accurate.  I didn't see discussions of
>> such a feature in JIRA or in the archives of this list.

JS> The results are aggregated AFAIK. If you do a key range and keys are on 3
nodes it'll return a cohesive list. It's much more tricky to get a list of ALL
of the keys across the cluster. We've found that you need to do many key ranges
to enumerate over all of the keys in the cluster.

JS> It's possible, just not wrapped in a simple function.

Is this worth a JIRA feature request?  Or is it something Cassandra will
never support fully?  From the user's perspective it's very useful.

Thanks
Ted