On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@yakaz.com> wrote:
> Hello,

> Which leads me to my question: why Cassandra doesn't allow to set a TTL for
> data ? Is it for technical reason ? For philosophical reason ? Or just nobody
> had needed it sufficiently to write it ?

I would think you could consider parallels between why Oracle or BDBs
do not have TTLs.

My personal opinion is that this is because TTLs imply temporary
(transient non-peristent) storing of things, and this is quite
different from core functionality that Cassandra offers.
Rather, memcached, or other caching systems would be more obvious choice.

-+ Tatu +-