On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Kelvin Kakugawa <kakug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you're interested, why don't you create a new ticket and assign it
> to yourself.  I'd be happy to help you figure out which parts of the
> codebase need to be touched.

Created, #699 (I have yet to figure out how to assign it to me though).
Of course, any help/ideas are welcome.

> btw, I'm working on Issue #580 which will add versioning to Cassandra.
>  An aspect of this feature is that I am adding support for a new type
> of column that serializes different metadata to disk.  So, when my
> contribution gets pushed through, the strategy that I use would
> probably be able to support a new TTL column, as well.  So, you
> wouldn't have to penalize all of the currently existing column types.

Yes, I was also thinking of making a special kind of column, so that it
don't penalize non TTLed column. So I'm indeed interested by what you
do with #580. I'll have a look at what you have done already.

Thanks

--
Sylvain