Hi folks,

I'm running 0.5 and I had 2 nodes up and running, then added a 3rd node in
bootstrap mode. I understand from other discussion list threads that the new
node doesn't serve reads while it is bootstrapping, but does that mean it won't
connect at all? When I try to connect from my java client, or cassandra-cli, I
get the exception below. Is it the expected behavior? (Also, cassandra-cli says
"Connected to xxx.yahoo.com" even though it isn't really connected...)

Thanks!

brian

Exception java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused
    at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:185)
    at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.connect(CliMain.java:65)
    at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.executeConnect(CliClient.java:464)
    at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.executeCLIStmt(CliClient.java:87)
    at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.processCLIStmt(CliMain.java:131)
    at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.main(CliMain.java:172)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
    at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:180)
    ... 5 more

--
Brian Cooper
Principal Research Scientist