Title: Performance tips

I'm looking for any tips that would increase the marshalling/unmarshalling time of castor..  My current process has castor mashalling to a Document which is then fed into FOP to generate a PDF file.  I'm profiling this process and finding that its taking ~500ms to marshall my object out to an xml document.  Besides trimming the amount of data that is being marshalled out, are there any parameters that I can tweak?  And what about parsers…is it better to use the xerces 1.4 parser, or the most recent xerces 2.4 parser?

Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer
Southwest Financial Ltd.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]