Sorry, I forgot to delete the attachment of xerces library in my previous email. It
was not meant to be sent.

Sunay

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Yaldiz, Sunay
Gesendet: Montag, 15. März 2004 12:51
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: [castor-dev] org.exolab.castor.indent=true causing problem by

Hi Keith,

You are right, Xerces I used with Castor 0.9.5.3 was not same as the one I used with
Castor 0.9.5.2. Actually when I upgraded to Castor 0.9.5.3, I also upgraded the Xerces
as in the Castor src.zip, which is xerces-J_1.4.0.jar.

Currently I changed the Xerces library to back, to the Xerces that I used with Castor
0.9.5.2. I was thinking this was the problem, but the problem was not with Xerces
version. With Castor 0.9.5.3 I was not using Xalan, which I did with previous version.
It seems internally Xerces is using Xalan for pretty-printing and some extra ops. So,
finally after having the Xalan again, my problem is over.  I demonstrate the problem I
had at the end of the email.

Regards,
Sunay

P.s: to demonstrate the problem I had I have a small example:

org.exolab.castor.indent=false:

<CommentRollDamping>Chosen curve is valid for a ship with B/T=4.17, CB=0.749, roll
amplitude=10.0[deg].</CommentRollDamping>

org.exolab.castor.indent=true:
 <CommentRollDamping>Chosen curve is valid for a ship with B/T=4.17,
        CB=0.749, roll amplitude=10.0[deg].   </CommentRollDamping>

As you can see, extra whitespaces are inserted to content of <CommentRollDamping>
element after substring "B/T=4.17," which was breaking my equality tests.